- The competition is open to anyone aged 16 and over.
- Entries may be on any subject.
- Entries must be in English, and be the work of the person submitting them.
- Entries must not have been previously published, nor be currently submitted for publication. In this context, published means any medium accessible to the general public, including books, magazines, and websites and social media. If you’ve shared it privately – for example, with friends, family, or a writing group – that’s fine.
- Entries must be no more than 32 lines long. The title does not form part of the line count.
- Entries must be typed in black 12 point font, unless a different appearance is an essential part of your entry.
- You may enter up to four poems in the competition.
- The closing date for the competition is Sunday 23 April 2023.
- Entries cannot be returned – please ensure you keep a copy.
- All copyright remains with the authors, but we retain the right to publish the prizewinners’ names and poems on this website.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Rules of the competition
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)